Tuesday 17 March 2015

I will prove I'm the best by blowing away Frampton, vows Quigg



Scott Quigg insists he will blow away Carl Frampton if the pair set up a super-bantamweight showdown in the summer.

The Bury fighter, the WBA interim champion, is in talks for a highly-anticipated dust-up with Frampton after the Belfast man retained his IBF title in impressive style at the weekend.

Speaking on the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast after being ringside at the Odyssey Arena for Frampton’s stoppage of Chris Avalos, Quigg said he is desperate for his promoter Eddie Hearn to get a date sorted – so he can put his domestic rival firmly in his place.
“I want to prove to people I am the best,” said the 26-year-old.
“It is a fight the fans want and it’s the perfect timing. This is the fight I want.
“100 million per cent I will beat him. I know what I have done since I was a kid, I know how hard I have trained, I know how good I am, and people haven’t seen the best of me yet.
“I rate him highly as a fighter, I would be daft not to, but I 100 per cent know I have got the tools to beat him.”

No comments:

Post a Comment