Wednesday 8 January 2014

Premier League: Arsenal's Mesut Ozil relishing gruelling Premier League schedule

Arsenal, the, to, is, and
  Up To £30 Free Matched Bet
Mesut Ozil says he is relishing life at Arsenal, despite English football's relentless schedule.
The German playmaker, who became the Gunners' record signing when he moved from Real Madrid in the summer, has just recovered from a shoulder problem that kept him out of two Christmas fixtures.
Now he is ready to help keep Arsene Wenger's men at the Premier League summit during the second half of the season, with struggling Aston Villa next on Monday.
"I have always had a winter break in previous years but in the Premier League, you play every few days - you don't get a week to relax," Ozil told Arsenal's official website.
"I am very pleased that I am in this league because you go from game to game very quickly.
"You play every two or three days and for me it is better to play more games than train because I love a challenge and here that is perfect.
"I feel comfortable here. You can see on the pitch when we play together that we have a very good understanding.
"The team is great and for me it's been very easy to settle - the German players here have helped me to establish myself quicker than I perhaps would have done were they not here.
"But ultimately I feel pleased. The people are very friendly and welcoming."
Arsenal are out to win a first trophy in nine years and Ozil says silverware is at the top of his agenda.
"My aim is to develop and improve my game here - but the most important thing is that we play successful football as a team and that, at the end of the season, we win trophies," he added.
"You have personal goals - you want to remain healthy and want to play successful football, but like I said, the most important thing is to be successful with this team."

No comments:

Post a Comment