Tuesday 3 November 2015

Mourinho rubbishes 'sad accusation' that Chelsea players are against him and expects to see out contract


Jose Mourinho insist his Chelsea players ARE still behind him, branding suggestions of a revolt as a 'sad accusation'.
The Blues have endured a disastrous start to the campaign and there have been rumours of dissent within the Stamford Bridge dressing room.
One senior star was claimed to have recently said he would rather lose than win for Mourinho, while Cesc Fabregas has been forced to publicly dismiss reports he is leading a mutiny against the manager.
Responding to the claims of a 'player revolt' on Tuesday lunchtime, Mourinho said: "Look I think it's a very sad accusation, because you are accusing a player or more than one player, I don't know, of dishonesty.
"If I accuse you of being a dishonest journalist, I think you'd be very upset and probably you'd take legal action. It's a question for the player, not for me.
"[They are] giving their best in every minute of every session, giving solidarity between all of us. [They have] fantastic personal relationships, very good professional relationships, and are training...always with a strong desire to win the next match."
He added: "For my players I do everything. I always did and I am not going to change."
With Chelsea having already lost six Premier League games this season, Mourinho's future continues to be the subject of much debate.
According to widespread newspaper reports, owner Roman Abramovich is ready to give the 52-year-old two games to save his job.
Mourinho declined to reveal if discussions had taken place with Abramovich over his future this week, saying: "I don't have to answer you if I was with the owner or not."
But the Portuguese made it clear that he expects his contract, which runs until 2019, to be honoured.
Asked how much time he thought he had, Mourinho said: "Four years. In this case, three years and seven months."
Mourinho's problems got worse on Monday when he was hit with one-match stadium ban and became the subject of a personal legal claim from former first-team doctor Eva Carneiro.
It is clearly the most difficult spell of his managerial career, but the 'Special One' says it has been a long time coming and insists he WILL come through it.
"Yes, It's new for me. That's why I am a good one (manager). If I was a bad one it would come before (now)," Mourinho said, ahead of Wednesday's Champions League Group G clash with Dynamo Kiev.
"Yesterday a friend sent me some quotes of my press conference after the Champions League final in May 2004. I said that one day my career bad results will come.
"I said that in 2004 after winning the Champions League final with Porto: one day in my career the bad results will come and I will face the bad results with the same honesty and dignity that I'm facing now as European champion.
"I resisted well to the nature of my job - 11 years waiting for this.
"It took time, but came in a moment where I am stable and I am strong to face it."

No comments:

Post a Comment