Friday 22 May 2015

Brendan Rodgers expects Raheem Sterling to see out Liverpool contract

Brendan Rodgers expects Raheem Sterling to see out his Liverpool contract
Brendan Rodgers expects Raheem Sterling to see out his Liverpool contract.
The Reds youngster has two years left on his deal at Anfield, but has told the club he wants to leave in the summer.
The flyer's contract saga took another twist on Thursday when agent Aidy Ward claimed Sterling "would not sign a new contract for £900,000-a-week", meaning talks had been haulted with the club.
But, speaking to the media ahead of their Premier League clash with Stoke, Rodgers claims the 20-year-old is not unhappy at the Merseysiders.
"Whether there are talks or no talks, Raheem has two years left and I expect him to see that through. For me it's quite simple," he said. "How we like to work is to keep everything behind closed doors. We can only control what we do.
"If he is fit, which at the moment he is, Raheem is available for Sunday. My relationship with him hasn't been affected.
"I'm sure talks will take place over the summer. I don't see Raheem as being unhappy."
Sterling is reported to have told Rodgers he wants to leave the club before the 1-1 Premier League draw with Chelsea earlier this season, but the Liverpool chief has refused to confirm whether the starlet has asked for a move.
"What Raheem said and didn't say to me (before Chelsea) will stay between him and I," he added. "I won't sit here today and tell you about a private conversation with a player."

No comments:

Post a Comment