Friday 15 May 2015

Jose Mourinho expects goalkeeper to stay at Chelsea

Jose Mourinho expects Petr Cech to be at Stamford Bridge next season
Jose Mourinho expects Petr Cech to be at Stamford Bridge next season - despite rumours the Chelsea goalkeeper has been given permission to talk to other clubs.
The 32-year-old has made only 16 appearances this season following the return of Thibaut Courtois from a loan spell at Atletico Madrid, but the Chelsea boss explained the importance of the Czech Republic international.
"I expect him to stay because I'm positive and optimistic, so I would have to say yes he'll be here next season," said Mourinho of a player who has been linked with Arsenal and Roma.
"I keep on saying the same thing. I want my best players and Petr is one of my best players. I want my important players so I would like him to stay. That's my position."
However, according to Viktor Kolar, Cech's agent, the goalkeeper is surplus to requirements at Chelsea and a summer move is likely with numerous parties interested.
Cech has been at Chelsea for 11 years and Mourinho remained unsure about the speculation surrounding his back-up goalkeeper's future.
"I don't know if what his agent is saying is absolutely true, or maybe it is, but the player is contracted to Chelsea and we have a very important say in the decision," said the Portuguese

No comments:

Post a Comment