Monday 12 January 2015

Lionel Messi: 'I don't know where I will be next

         Lionel Messi: 'I don't know where I will be next 

Lionel Messi proved reluctant to commit his long-term future to Barcelona during a press conference on Monday, saying “I’m not sure where I will be next year”.
 
Messi’s future at Barcelona has been the subject of fevered speculation following reports of a crisis at Barca and a falling out with coach Luis Enrique.
Messi rejected speculation linking him with a move to Chelsea or Manchester City in forthright terms in an interview with Barcelona’s TV channel on Sunday.
But speaking a day later, during a press conference prior to the FIFA Ballon d’Or gala on Monday evening, he was rather less determined to commit his future to the club.
[LIONEL MESSI HITS BACK AT 'LIES']
“I’m not sure what’s going to happen, whether I’ll go back to Newell’s,” he said in response to a question about whether he might return to Argentina at some point in his career.
“I’m not sure where I will be next year. In the football world so many things can change overnight.
“I’ve always said I will end my career at Barcelona, but as Cristiano [Ronaldo] says only God knows the future.”
Euro Papers: Arsenal poised to sign £25million William Carvalho - Eurosport
OUR VIEW
You could interpret this as a stock answer given in a very bland press conference but it is not a huge leap to imagine that Messi knows exactly how such words will be interpreted. Without anything too dramatic, he has applied a bit of gentle pressure to Barcelona and encouraged the transfer speculation to increase. Certainly he struck a very different tone to that employed on Barca's club channels.

No comments:

Post a Comment