Monday 2 March 2015

Mourinho relieved with League Cup triumph: 'I feed myself on trophies'



Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho expressed his relief at winning the League Cup, claiming he needed to end his trophy drought.
The Blues fell short on all fronts in Mourinho’s first campaign back as Chelsea boss last season, but thier win over Tottenham has kept his side on course for a treble.
They are currently five points clear at the top of the Premier League table and face Paris Saint-Germain in the last-16 of the Champions League in March.
“You cannot win every final, but finals are to win,” Mourinho, who has won 21 trophies as a manager, told talkSPORT. “You have to play strategically well and the players need to feel comfortable on the pitch.
“Without Matic [suspended] we had to find a certain balance and we did that. The team was really compact and had control of the game well.”
He added: “It is a good team, this is a good trophy and it is a beautiful day for everyone in a blue shirt.
“I had never gone more than one season without a trophy; I feed myself with trophies. I needed one.”

No comments:

Post a Comment