Friday 5 June 2015

Messi enjoying this season as opposed to last campaign

as_messi2

Lionel Messi admits situations on and off the pitch last season affected him, but says he is enjoying his football again after a fantastic term with Barcelona.
Speaking ahead of Saturday's Champion League final with Juventus, he said: "Perhaps over last year [2013/14] the season hasn’t been good for me, because of several situations on and off the pitch.
"Whether you like it or not, this always has an influence on your performance on the pitch.
"I suffered an injury and it took me a while to get back and do what I wanted to do. So a few things weren’t so good.
"I have always tried to enjoy it and do things well. And now this season I have tried to be the same as last year.
"I have been very grateful for what the club has done for me and the warmth and support I received from it.
"I have developed and grown here at this club. I like this club a lot because, as I said before, it’s more than just how they helped and supported me in all the years I have been here."

No comments:

Post a Comment