Friday 13 February 2015

Hodgson hints at England call-up for Tottenham ace


Hodgson hints at England call-up for Kane



England manager Roy Hodgson has revealed Tottenham's star striker Harry Kane is ready to play for the Three Lions.
The 21-year-old has scored 23 times in all competitions for Spurs this season, making him the most prolific Englishman in the Premier League.
And Hodgson admitted it would be difficult to overlook the striker when he selects his squad for the matches against Lithuania and Italy in March.
"Is he worth a place in the squad now? Of course he is," said Hodgson. "We bought a lot of young players in during my time, we had Saido Berahino in the last squad. He certainly deserves a place in the squad as much as say Saido did.
"Is he worthy of a place like Wayne Rooney, [Danny] Welbeck and [Daniel] Sturridge? That's something he'll have to prove.
"But unless I give him a chance in the squad he'll never get a chance to prove that anyway.
"I like to think I do show a certain degree of loyalty to players who have been playing for a while and who I know I can trust.
"But I also like to think that I'm prepared to give someone a chance when he's really showing with his current form that he's worthy of a place with us."

No comments:

Post a Comment