Friday 20 December 2013

Bayern Munich news Robben denies Ronaldo backing


Robben is quoted as telling Dutch magazine Voetbal International that Ribery, who is on the three-man shortlist alongside Real Madrid’s Ronaldo and Barcelona’s Lionel Messi, is not as deserving of the award individually as Ronaldo.

This is in contrast to the united backing Ribery has received from others at Bayern, including endorsements from club president Uli Hoeness, who said that he would
 scrutinise the voting system, andfirst-team coach Pep Guardiola.He said: "It’s deserved that Franck is in the Top 3, but it’s an individual award and that’s why I lean towards Ronaldo. He really deserves it."
Robben’s quotes are reportedly the subject of irritation at Bayern, leading him to say: "That’s not right. I have only said that his goal rate and the dependence Real and the national team have on him are sheer madness.
"I have never said that I would vote for him.
"To 1,000 percent I hope that Ribery wins it. I have my fingers crossed. He has played a super year and absolutely deserves it."

No comments:

Post a Comment