Friday 20 December 2013

Evra targets festive haul

"I don't want to think about the past. The past is gone. I don't want to think about the future because I might get worried. I want to think about the present. The present is about winning games."
Patrice Evra

1 of 2 Next 

After sealing Manchester United’s berth in the last four of the Capital One Cup, Patrice Evra immediately switched his focus back to the forthcoming quartet of Barclays Premier League games.

The Frenchman’s curler secured victory over Stoke on Wednesday and ensured the Reds have a two-legged semi-final against Sunderland to look forward to in the New Year. 
Before then, Evra and his team-mates will be seeking to pick up as many points as possible to stay in touch with the league leaders, starting with West Ham’s visit on Saturday.
"We need points – I wouldn't lie and say anything else," Evra told reporters. "When we lost against Everton and Newcastle it was a massive blow. But we have reacted well with three wins in a row.
"Now we have to make sure we win on Saturday. We have to give everything we have got on the pitch. We have to respect the shirt. I think everything is going to be OK.
"I don't want to think about the past. The past is gone. I don't want to think about the future because I might get worried. I want to think about the present. The present is about winning games."
Eighth-placed United have kept three successive clean sheets going into the clash with the Hammers and Evra has seen signs of "the Manchester United spirit coming back".
But he is also aware that the champions have threatened to produce a long unbeaten spell already this season, only to come unstuck. After claiming a third straight league victory by overcoming Arsenal last month, the Reds failed to win any of the next four.
"I want to get another unbeaten run going, but this time we do not want to slip back again," the 32-year-old said. "It is too painful for us, for the

No comments:

Post a Comment