Tuesday 17 December 2013

League cup tonight



David Moyes has revealed he may make changes to his Manchester United side for Wednesday’s Capital One Cup quarter-final at Stoke City.
The game is the first of four in 10 days for the Reds and the manager is mindful of rotating the players during the busy festive period to keep them fresh.
Moyes confirmed he has a few injuries to contend with but has no new concerns followingSunday’s 3-0 Barclays Premier League win over Aston Villa.
"We have a squad of players who I believe can all play in any game, so I’ll see who I think is ready," he told a press conference on Tuesday.
"We have a lot of games coming up and we need to use that squad. I’ll look at this game and see who is best suited. But I think we have fielded a strong side in every game we have played.
"There were a few I expected to play [against Villa] but got injured on Saturday before we travelled down. There is nothing fresh and hopefully I won’t find anything fresh."
United are bidding to reach the last four of the Capital One Cup for the first time since winning the competition in 2010 and Moyes added: "All cup competitions are important to Manchester United.

No comments:

Post a Comment