Wednesday 10 June 2015

Swansea move "wasn't a difficult decision," reveals new signing Andre Ayew


Exclusive - Swansea move "wasn't a difficult decision," reveals new signing Andre Ayew
New Swansea City signing Andre Ayew has revealed Swans boss Garry Monk proved a defining factor in what ultimately “wasn’t a difficult decision” to join the Premier League club.
The Ghanaian forward, who was released by Marseille at the end of the season, agreed a four-year deal with the Welsh side on Wednesday, subject to international clearance.
The 25-year-old, who struck twice for his nation at the 2014 World Cup, believes Monk’s understanding of his playing style proved crucial in a move materialising.
“It wasn’t a difficult decision, especially when I spoke to the coach Garry Monk and the chairman. I really felt like the club wanted me there,” Ayew told Drivetime.
“He [Monk] was calm and honest. He told me what he was wanting of me and what he was looking for me to do. I had the feeling that he really knew me and knew my style of play.
“My dream was to go to the Premier League and I now have the opportunity to do this, so I want to thank all the Swansea staff who have got me there.”
Ayew is a versatile forward who can play anywhere across the attacking line, and the Ghanaian is particularly looking forward to striking up an understanding with Bafetimbi Gomis.
Ayew added: “The main person to target and to put the balls in for is Bafa Gomis.
“My job of coming to Swansea is to try and bring my skills and assists. But I will try and bring in some goals too.”

No comments:

Post a Comment