Tuesday 3 February 2015

Andy Gray fear for Aston Villa after lack of January additions


image: http://talksport.com/sites/default/files/styles/large/public/field/image/201502/lambert_0.jpg?itok=hUfhW1dw






Andy Gray is warning Aston Villa fans that relegation from the Premier League is now a serious prospect for the Midlands club.
Villa have failed to score a single league goal in their last six games and have not tasted victory in the top-flight since early December.
Paul Lambert has added attacking duo Scott Sinclair and Carles Gil to his squad in recent weeks in a bid to reverse their fortunes, but Gray feels more additions were needed in the transfer window and he now fears the worst for his old club.
Speaking on the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast, Gray said: “I don’t know what words of comfort or optimism I can offer to Villa fans.
“I am seeing the worst attacking side in the eight or nine divisions of the English pyramid system. They can’t get a goal, their confidence is rock bottom.
“I don’t know what Paul can say every week going in on a Monday morning. I think players get fed up hearing the same thing time and time again and nothing is happening.
“I wish he [Lambert] had got three or four in, even loans, to just freshen up the place.  They have got in Scott Sinclair and Carles Gil. They might help and, if they do, that’s great, but I just see a club that worries me.
“I never thought for minute until the last two or three weeks that Villa would go down but I now have serious doubts about it. If you can’t get a goal, you are seriously struggling.”

No comments:

Post a Comment