Wednesday 4 February 2015

Redknapp: QPR will survive relegation without me


image: http://talksport.com/sites/default/files/styles/large/public/field/image/201502/harry-redknapp_0.jpg?itok=ogVbdtxu




Harry Redknapp insists QPR have enough ‘good players’ to beat Premier League relegation this season.
The Rs have picked up just two points from their last six league fixtures and, following unsuccessful moves for Tottenham forward Emmanuel Adebayor and West Ham winger Matt Jarvis, failed to improve their squad during Monday’s transfer deadline day.
But Redknapp believes QPR’s squad is good enough to keep the club in the top-flight.
When asked whether the Super Hoops will stay up, he told the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast show: “I do [think they will]. There are enough good players there to keep the club in the division.
“It’s so close down there. QPR’s home form is good, and they’ve got the teams in the bottom half to play away.
"They’ve got as a good a chance as any of the teams down there. There are eight teams in the relegation scrap, and one win takes you up three or four places. It’s very tight.”
Redknapp revealed he is due to undergo knee replacement surgery in the coming weeks and did not feel he would be able to give 100 per cent to the job, hence his decision to quit.
But he insisted this is not the end of his time in the game.
“I like being involved,” he continued. “I want to go and watch games, I want to get involved somewhere.
“I don’t know what I’d do if I was sat around at home all day, I’d drive the missus mad! I can’t change a plug, I’m better off out of the way.”

No comments:

Post a Comment