Monday 2 February 2015

Lampard: City and Chelsea fans great with me

as_lampard1
Manchester City midfielder Frank Lampard was happy with the attitude of fans upon his return to Chelsea on Saturday.
He might have expected a muted reception from Blues supporters, but, bar the odd dissenting voice, he was well received from fans who held him so dear for so long.
"I was excited but also a bit nervous to come back here," said Lampard, who came on as a substitute 13 minutes from time.
"But I enjoyed it. I have to give my best when I come on the pitch and I was delighted with my reception.
"City fans have been brilliant since I've been here. I appreciate that.
"They might not have known what to expect from me when I came here. Would I come here and just jolly up for five months and then go away to America?
"They can see when I play I try to give everything and then I came back here after 13 years and got a great reception at the end.
"When you play for a long time it is nice to have that rapport and I'm lucky to have two sets of fans that were very good.
"I'm pleased for that moment because I didn't get it at the end of last year. I'm very thankful for that."

No comments:

Post a Comment